Hatches and sinks.

Back at the Bell today.

We got a few odd jobs done.

Plumbing
Attached a vent line to the new holding tank. As there will be no access to this fitting after the tank is tabbed in.

Positioned the holding tank in its final position, all I need to do now is tab to in. I plan on using a pretty thick piece of ply as it will double as a panel to mount motor bits on.

Started to do rough layout work on the waste plumbing.

Fixed the head sink drain line. We fixed the sink end only to discover that the line drained into the bilge and not the expected thru hull. Lucky for us we have taken to testing everything and assuming nothing actually works or runs the way it should on this boat.

Hatches

I rebed the Starboard side bomar hatch today. This leaves us with just 2 major fittings that need to be redone. Then of course there is the smaller hardware.

First , remove screws.

20140104-220635.jpg

Then use screwdriver to pry up the hatch frame.

20140104-220742.jpg

Clean debris/ sealant from frames and deck.

20140104-220859.jpg

20140104-220920.jpg

20140104-220948.jpg

20140104-221006.jpg

Cut sealant tape to size and place around opening.

20140104-221115.jpg

20140104-221125.jpg

Reinstall frame, walking it down by tightening the screw a little at a time to bed in the sealant.

20140104-221305.jpg

20140104-221356.jpg

Ok, the last photo is actually before the rebed. I forgot to take an after photo and it is now dark out.

Fun fun.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s