Spar work continues.
We received new stripper disks in the mail.
Norton Non-Woven Depressed Center Rapid Strip Wheel
Wow, these things work great. I was able to strip the boom and finish stripping the mast with just 3 of the 5 I ordered. If we had not chemically stripped half the mast 5 or 6 would have done the entire project. As they say in the reviews, let the grinder and gravity do the work. The entire process reminded me of running an orbital buffer back as a junior enlisted in the Navy.
After stripping and polishing up the chemically stripped side we started to apply the Alodine.
The alodine as I understand it is ChromicAcid and possibly Iodine. It smells of Iodine. It leaves a things looking browned and with blue rainbow swirls. A rather interesting one of a kind look.
Working on the boom we discovered the outhaul is not functioning, it seems jammed up.
I removed all the hardware,
I removed the end caps from the boom, those as well as the the mast step are going to be powder coated.
Once the end caps were off the boom I had to remove the old outhaul setup. It had been bolted in at mid boom and I had to use a big screwdriver and hammer to sheer off the last 2 bolts that had not rotted off.
Out came this.
I have ordered 2 new blocks and plan on reusing the old jib halyard to build a new 6 to 1 internal outhaul.
Heading in the right direction.
Also in addition to putting on our new tiller our new Mainsail is done and ready to be picked up. We have our old standing rigging in the Escape and will be giving that to Mr Morgan to make us new.
The engine block and head are at machine shop getting cleaned and sleeved.