I spent Friday afternoon prepping the Lori Bell for the latest storm.
- Cleaned out the bilge, ensuring the auto pump was working well.
- Checked the batteries are fully charged
- Stored the solar panel below.
- Stored the tiller cover below.
- Removed the grill.
- Removed the Bimini and frame.
- Installed longer 8′ fender boards
- Installed double dock lines.
With the help of the marina staff we placed our spare fortress anchor in the mangroves to port of the boat and set up a bridle on the road to keep the boat from pounding into the dock during and winds from the west. You can see the anchor line in the above photo.
It looks like we will miss the bad bits of the storm but at this point only time will tell. Here is to hoping..